- Industrial masking tape that delivers sharp, clean paint lines and is ideal for high-temperature paint baking, fascia painting and powder coating applications
- Removes cleanly in one piece with no adhesive residue
- Remains in place around corners, over contours and irregular surfaces
- Resists paint bleed-through to help create sharp paint lines
- Green backing improves visibility and accuracy during paint masking
- Withstands surface temperatures up to 250°F/121°C for 30 minutes in paint bake operations
- Proven to Deliver Super-Sharp Paint Lines
We designed 3M™ High Performance Green Masking Tape 401+ to deliver sharp paint lines where surface temperatures can reach up to 250°F/121°C for 30 minutes. This green crepe paper tape is ideal for critical paint masking applications in automotive, specialty vehicle, and industrial markets, where strong holding and high temp performance is required.
Using this proprietary solvent-free adhesive, the tape sticks instantly to most surfaces, including metal, rubber, glass, and plastic, as well as EPDM type rubber moldings while removing cleanly in one piece. This high-strength crepe-paper backing conforms to irregular surfaces, resists bleed through from most industrial paint systems, improves visibility during the paint masking process, and helps you achieve super-sharp paint lines.
3M™ High Performance Green Masking Tape 401+ is an ideal tape for industrial painting, including two-tone color applications on trucks, buses, trailers, trains, fire trucks, ambulances and airplanes. It is easy to tear, which aids in handling, yet strong enough to resist slivering, providing “user friendly,” one piece removal. The tape is conformable for easy masking around corners, over contours and irregular surfaces
- Industrial paint masking for automotive, specialty vehicle, and industrial markets
- High-temperature paint masking